There is much that a client can do to control the amount of hourly fees:
- Don’t chat. Stay focused on the issues related to your goals. You might want to make a list of your questions and concerns before meeting with us in person or by phone. We can help you stay on point if you ask us to.
- Fill out all questionnaires clearly and completely.
- Provide all documentation you can to support your answers, especially about your finances. This includes bank statements, pension annual reports, brokerage account reports, etc.
- Write or email us with updates and questions instead of calling. It’s more efficient for us and will help you think about your issue more clearly.
- Don’t use your attorney as your therapist. While we are sympathetic, we recommend you find a therapist to discuss stress, anger or anxiety. Most people find therapists very helpful during times of transition.